Our Environment | We Genuinely Care
Woodland Carbon is an accredited, award-winning carbon removal scheme that is operated under the Government’s 2011 Woodland Carbon Code.
Organisations looking to reduce their environmental impact and mitigate their carbon emissions can fund tree planting with the Woodland Trust, the UK’s leading woodland conservation charity. It is estimated that 25m2 of native British woodland captures and stores at least 1 tonne of CO2.
H&H Reeds Printers offers our customers and their clients the opportunity to capture the CO2 emissions from their paper purchases by planting native woodland, right here in the UK through the Woodland Trust and the Woodland Carbon Scheme
How does it work?
- When you place your print order you may elect to capture the carbon from the manufacture and distribution of the paper
- The amount of CO2 generated in the production and delivery of your paper is calculated
- The Woodland Carbon logo may be used in conjunction with the print job to demonstrate your commitment to using reduced CO2 paper
- All Carbon Capture charges will be paid to the Woodland Trust who will plant woodland at one of their accredited woodland creation sites in the UK
For more information on Carbon Capture contact Dene Marshall on 01768 864214 or email him direct.
H&H Reeds Printers continually work hard to ensure that our environmental management system produces results and isn’t just window dressing. We have addressed a number of issues including:
- the installation of energy efficient lighting in the main print works
- the use of vegetable based inks in the printing process
- the fitting of PIR sensors in low usage areas to auto switch lights off
- the implementation of a ‘Cycle To Work’ scheme
- installation of a process-less platemaking machine saving energy and chemical usage as well negating the need to discharge to drain
- the recycling of over 95% of all waste materials
- by employing recycling bins around the works we have reduced our landfill waste by over 80% – and counting!
- composting of staff room food waste
- implementing a paper stock management system which is reducing over ordering, wastage and stock levels
- employing an award winning company to recycle by-products of the printing process in an environmentally friendly manner
- employing a full time Environmental Manager to oversee the system and implement new procedures
For more information please download our Environmental Policy here.
Forest Stewardship Council® Certification
As part of H&H Reeds Printers commitment to the environment, and to help lessen our impact on it, we successfully underwent Forest Stewardship Council® certification in February 2009.
FSC® certification is widely accepted to be the most stringent around and unlike other schemes, the emphasis is on tracking fibre all the way from the forest to the end user, so that, you and your customers, can be certain of the fibre’s origins. The FSC® scheme is supported by groups such as Greenpeace and WWF schemes as watertight.
For more information please click here…
CBEN Gold Award
The Cumbria Business Environment Network (CBEN) Gold Award is only given to companies who have demonstrated a high level of excellence in the identification, assessment and control of their environmental aspects/impacts via an Environmental Management System which has been independently audited.
For more information on CBEN please visit their website
ISO 14001:2015 sets out the criteria and maps out a framework for an effective environmental management system which H&H Reeds Printers has successfully obtained for a number of years now – a copy of our certificate ISO14001 2015-1 is available here. This industry standard accreditation provides assurance to both company management and employees, in addition to our suppliers, that our environmental impact is being measured and improved.